Wednesday, January 18, 2012

These Boots are made for Walking...I Hope

If you have followed my posts over the past few months, you probably noticed that I often mention shoes, shoe shopping, and the tremendous difficulty I have with finding narrow shoes.  You probably know about the "foot curse."

I am pleased to announce....ecstatic, overjoyed, super-happy, displaying an unusually large amount of emotion...that today I bought a pair of shoes!!!  Since it's sale season here in Madrid, I decided to give shoe shopping another try.  Of course, I was discouraged from the beginning, and truly didn't believe I would find anything narrow enough for my feet.  I looked at Corte Inglés, Lefties, Bershka, H&M, Cortefiel, Blanco, Mango, and some other stores.  I looked in three or four shoe stores too.  Finally, I went into Stradivarius (clothing store - nothing to do with instruments), and tried on three pairs of black boots.  By some miracle, the second pair fit!  They must have been left because they were narrow and no one else could get their feet into them.  I wouldn't mind if they were a bit narrower, but they'll do.  And they were 50% off!  I don't even think I believe in miracles, but I would still call this a miracle.  I was so overjoyed that I almost started crying in the store.
My very narrow footprint at the beach
Essouira, Morocco.

4 comments:

  1. I feel the love for the new boots! Yeah Dana :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found a pair of shoes that makes you this happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your enthusiasm about my shoes!

      Delete