Saturday, October 16, 2010

Mid-Fall 2010 Semester at BU

Greetings. I know I haven't written in a while. I don't have huge travel stories though. I've just been going to class. You know...school.

There's some exciting news though:
1. Presenting my summer research at the UROP Symposium on Oct. 22 at Metcalf Hall. My 4 ft x 4 ft poster is almost ready. I love this.

2. I was offered a free re-test for the verbal section only of the GRE. I got a letter explaining that the computer screwed up my test on that section. I'm not sure if this is exciting, but it happened, so I'm writing it.

3. The BU Office of Admissions invited my to travel with them to a prospective student recruitment reception in St. Louis, MO next week, where I'll be speaking about my experiences at BU. And I get to meet Dad for dinner since he works in St. Louis now!

4. Dad is coming here next weekend for the poster symposium. And Grandma Jean and Zayde were here last weekend for the CAMERA conference. It was great to see them - we had a blast. They settled into dorm life well. :-) heehee. We went to all the best food spots in Boston, the Museum of Science, the harbor, the Holocaust Memorial, etc. And I studied GRE vocab with Zayde. He knew all the words - not surprising. I learned the word "paranomastic." It means "associated with puns."
5. I got a flight offer for a Birthright trip this winter!!! Super excited! Marissi got one too, but with Univ. of Miami. So basically, I'm going to spend half of winter break in the coldest, snowiest place ever. Then, when I can't take it anymore, I'm going to hop on a plane, and head for the warm desert. YES.

6. I saw Amalia from Madrid yesterday! I went to the Madrid info session with Katie to visit Amalia. We shared our experiences with students who were considering the program. Amalia told us past students who miss Spain often come back to the info sessions because they're "therapeutic." (Yes, dangling modifier - I know.) Anyways, she was totally right. I have to go back!

7. Grad school applications, summer internship applications, applications to return to Spain...yeah, that's what I've been up to lately. I'm "applying myself." PARANOMASTIC!!!

K, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment