Saturday, July 10, 2010

I finished cooking lunch and my kitchen caved in.

I wish I was kidding. There's a huge hole in my kitchen ceiling. Ok, from the beginning:

I was studying GRE words at Panera but decided to return to my apartment for lunch. After cooking macaroni and cheese, my specialty, I left the kitchen to eat. Ten minutes later, I thought I heard someone showering, but also thought I was the only one in the apartment. So, I went to check the bathrooms. No one was there. I turned around and saw a gaping hole in the kitchen ceiling.

Currently, we have about 3 inches of standing water in the kitchen.

All the storm water from the roof is draining into my apartment. It smells soooo bad. The water is brown. And I'm covered in it. Ewwww... I'm really unhappy right now. You might've guessed that. So far we have filled 5 garbage cans with gross, brown storm water. The light fixture in the middle of the kitchen just started leaking.
Will and I always try to make the best of photo opportunities!

P.S. For those of you who don't know, Will is my cello's name.

2 comments:

  1. You have a special way with words. And titles that grab attention. Hopefully your landlord will solve it quickly. Look at the bright side. Yes, there is one. You don't have to pay for the repair. :-)

    Love, Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is now July 17, and there's still a hole in my ceiling. Hmph.

    ReplyDelete