Saturday, July 10, 2010

4th of July with the Boston Pops

Ok, first of all, I'm melting!!! My room is probably the warmest in the apartment since it doesn't get a breeze, but does get direct sunlight. And there's no air conditioning. Sticky. Gross. It hit 100 degrees inside my apartment the other day. Ewww! This heat wave really needs to end. No puedo dormir casi nunca.

Ben just left for Italy. I really hope he gets a chance to travel and buy clothes/shoes while there. I never got to write about last week when he came here to visit me, but there are tons of photos on facebook, so go look at those. We had fun. We went to all the touristy spots: Fenway Park (in the photo), Faneuil Hall, Quincy Market, the Harbor, Newbury St., Boston Common, Frog Pond, Boston Public Gardens, Copley Square, parts of the Freedom Trail, Haymarket, Kenmore Square and the Citgo Sign, Harvard Square, Coolidge Corner, etc.











Ate at all the favorite places: Noodle St. (twice), Sunset Cantina, Cheers, Uno's, Finale, J.P. Licks, in the North End, and Legal Sea Foods. Good times. The photo is us at Noodle Street.

4th of July 2010 in Boston! Of course, we went to the Boston Pops Firework Spectacular. On live TV, life radio, and a bunch of other broadcasts because Boston is the place to be on July 4th.


I went with Ben, Katie, and Henry to hear the Boston Pops by the Charles River on the Esplanade for the 4th of July. People literally camped out there all day to get seats. It was really patriotic. Ben tried to conduct the 1812 Overture from our little felt blanket by the river.  We were there 4 hours before the concert started so we could get a good spot. We got a little red felt thing we're sitting on at the Goodwill store for 99 cents the day before.  Perfect for an event like this where your blanket might get kind of gross.


The sunset before the concert and fireworks was fantastic! 


By coincidence, we sat right in front of the barge where the fireworks were. We were like 200 feet from the fireworks. Incredible. And the concert was so exciting! For a change, I felt like the US was the coolest place to be for a moment. Well, Boston, more specifically, since that's where the biggest 4th of July celebration is.

This video is sideways. If you have a laptop, turn your computer. If you have a desktop, turn your head.


Still, I woke up the next morning and wanted to go back to Madrid (as usual).

I started taking open classes in the evenings after the lab at Boston Ballet. It's great.  I saw a shirt online that said, " I'm only wearing this because my tutu is in the wash." I kind of want to buy it.

Yesterday I saw Toy Story 3 in 3D with Katie after ballet.

Life in the lab, for all of you who keep asking me, is great. I'm learning a ton and enjoying the experience. 

Uh....what else. I'm canceling my cable TV here for 2 reasons. 1 - I'm never here to watch it now that I'm back to ballet and have a GRE class. 2 - Movies on demand are useless when it's so hot in your room that you'll dehydrate and pass out mid-movie.

Ok, that's all. Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment