Sunday, June 20, 2010

Boston - Next Stop: Wonderland

In the morning, we went back to Haymarket. I bought Nectarines this time. And a green pepper.
Next stop: Wonderland. I've been wanting to take that picture since I got here 3 years ago. It's the end of the Blue Line.
We never made it to Wonderland though because we got off the T at Revere Beach, the second to last stop. Revere Beach, as I was told by a history major, was the first public beach in the US. I went with Gen, my roommates Rachel and Jill, and Jill's friend, Kyle.
It is a GIGANTIC beach. Kind of nice because there were like five tons of people there, but it didn't seem crowded. As some of you may know, I love checking out sea shells and interesting rocks at beaches. Gen and I found some really big shells and some cool blue ones. Sorry, no photo. We also saw a skull and spine from some sea creature that we couldn't identify. Weird. And a page from a book. Oddly enough, we saw a page from the same book on CommAve later that day.

Marissa - Thanks for the navy blue and white tank. :-)

I left the beach after a couple hours because I felt burnt. No, I didn't have sunscreen. Yes, I know that's bad. No, I do not want a lecture about skin cancer. Just keep your fingers crossed and hope that my DNA repair mechanisms are working at full speed because I'm seriously rockin' the lobster look. Ahhhh my skin hurts. Wearing clothes hurts. Hmmm...sucks for me.

The beach is right by Logan Intl Airport. A plane flew really low over the beach ever 30 seconds. Very cool. The plane in the photo is a British Airways plane (I think I uploaded the right picture). As you may remember from previous posts, I flew that airline to Madrid. I briefly considered swimming to Madrid yesterday. Hey, why not? It's only like 4000 miles.
Ok, so after the beach, Gen and I went to a wine tasting at Coolidge Corner. The man at the store asked us what we like normally to figure out what to suggest we try, and Gen was able to answer that question. Here was my answer: Anything that doesn't make me make a horrible face. Special, I know. We had fun though. They knew a lot at that store. I found a wine that I liked. It's from New Zealand. (Btw - Yes, we're both 21. Don't panic. Wow, I'm getting old.)

Next stop: Dinner with Gen and Katie at Chipotle. I've been to this Chipotle so many times that I could probably order a burrito in my sleep. Later Katie and I watched 10 Things I Hate About You on NetFlix, based on Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew. Great play, great movie.

Today I might go to H&M with Gen and then wander through the North End. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment