Saturday, October 17, 2009

Traffic

The strangest thing happened the other day as I leaving my internship. I was at the edge of the street, crossing to get to the bus stop on the other side. Upon noticing that I wanted to cross the street, four lanes of traffic came to an immediate stop. Four lanes. There was a bus in one of the lanes, and there was no stoplight.

At home, I'd have to be in a crowd of about 100 people to stop traffic. In Boston, four lanes of traffic on a three-lane road would've run me over. But, in Madrid, four lanes of traffic just stopped. Wow.

The same ettiquete doesn't hold true for motorcycles here. I keep almost getting hit by those.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome. It gives a whole new meaning to being so fly that you stop traffic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen a new post for a while. Did your computer go caput?

    ReplyDelete