Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New Socks :-)

Today I'm wearing new socks. Whoever said it's the little things in life that make you happy was right. These socks are super-cute. They're argyle in salmon, tan, and dark tan with little orange stripes. My professor for my translation class says that it's wrong to write "super-cute" or "super-awesome" or "super-anything" in English. She says it's "language pollution" from Spanish. I think I'll keep the phrase though; I kind of like it.

This Friday there's a group trip to see El Escorial. I'm super-excited, but I am not going to post any pictures until I buy a gigantic external hard drive. My computer almost died. My computer and I are not friends....at all.

When we get back from El Escorial, around 3 pm, I'm going to make my weekly pilgrimage to vodafone. I'm sure it will be a joy. (Dad - *sarcasm sign*). Then I'm off to Corte Inglés to buy a hard drive. Then I'm going shopping at Sfera!!! Sima got a pair of super-cute pants there, and I want to see if they still have them.

Just got assigned all the final papers. And midterms are next week. Don Q on Thursday and translation on Monday. I'm not sure when the cine midterm is yet.

Other than that, not much else is new. I'm working on getting a hostel in Portugal, and booking a trip to Morocco, and another to Barcelona. And planning final papers... More to write later - bye.

2 comments:

  1. Sima beat me to the correct spelling - good job, Sima! I LOVE argyle socks. Always have. Warning - I've been teased about them, but now they are in style again! Yea! And I have a pink, blue and black argyle sweater! I'm glad you are having fun. Did you get Uncle Alan's computer help? Did his suggestions help?

    Love,
    Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete