Friday, October 9, 2009

Just Arrived in Granada

So, we learned today never, ever to spend the night in the airport again. Never. It was not deserted, we were not the only people. In fact, the floor was packed with people, mostly students, who didn't want to take a 3 am taxi. Not too crowded though. The issue was more with sleeping on a hard, cold tile floor. Ouch and uncomfortable. Next time we'll pay the fortune for the taxi ride.

Granada is super cute. We're enjoying wandering around the little streets. Tons of little restaurants and cute stuff. Basically we're exhausted, and are waiting at the hostel for like 3 more hours until they can give us our room key because there's no way we're leaving our stuff in the lobby instead of behind a locked door. They also said I can't pay with a credit card. Ugh. I don't know what to do, and I definitely do not have that much cash on me. Dilemma. I'm stuck and I need to pay to stay here but definitely do not want to withdraw that much money.

I think I have a fever too, and my throat hurts really badly again, and I' m just so tired from being awake nearly all night at the airport. I'm freezing and wearing a t-shirt, sweater, and long sleeve shirt. Dear Mom, OMG thank you for sending extra mucinex. Life would be really bad without it right about now. Thank you.

Later we're meeting Sima for lunch. She's staying at a different hostel; we think it's close by. I'll write more later.

2 comments:

  1. Glad that we could finally talk!
    Fever? How high? Motrin?
    Let me know!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traveling, unfortunately, involves exposure to "germs" that you are not used to, making you more susceptable to feeling "bugged." Hope you are feeling better. Take Motrin and gargle with warm salt water - it really does help sore throat (by osmotically pulling fluid from swollen pharyngeal tissues!)

    Love in physiology,

    Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete