Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Siesta for me!

I´ve been here for two weeks and have still not taken a siesta. My host family has, my friends have, everyone has taken a lovely afternoon nap except me.

Last weekend I fell asleep for like 5 minutes in Dunkin Donuts. I decided that didn´t count.

Today, was a very important day - first official siesta! Well, kind of. No bed involved. I sort of just fell asleep in the computer lab at the school for like an hour. I was really, really tired. I even woke up in time for class (of course), which is in 7 minutes. So, I´m gonna go now. Bye.

P.S. Mom-Marissa´s camping backpack makes a great pillow.

4 comments:

  1. Yea for siestas! I was going to take one myself today, but I went into my garden instead. I think I threw out 5 cherry tomatoes for every one I kept (most of them were cracked open.) I pulled some weeds, and picked a few ripe blackberries. And got stabbed by a blackberry thorn. Ouch!
    I love reading your blog. I hope you didn't fall asleep IN a Donut!

    Love,
    Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a siesta! Are you going to take another today?

    Ben
    I can't figure out how to post with my name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to take another siesta, but then I decided to go shopping instead.

    ReplyDelete