Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Jacobo Returns!

Yesterday, around midnight, Jacobo came home. Jacobo is the older son (19) of my host family. He was studying English in England. So, now there are five people here, plus Mus.

I love the vocab we learn in the translation class. Since we translate scripts, and not just super-literary texts, we learn phrases that are actually useful on the streets and in a college setting. Not going to be too much more specific about that...

Anyways, Jacobo was talking at dinner, and said some word, and I was like, "Ah! I just learned that word in class today (but in Spanish)!" And he was like, "Yeah, don't say that to people. Hahaha (but in Spanish)." It was funny.

Sima and Katie even came up with the new acronym for FML. JMV. I was pretty amused when they told me that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mom,
You know those brown, suede boots from Eddie Bauer (I think) that you gave me? Tomás likes them. He says they are similar to a pair he saw at H&M. He's super-fashionable, so clearly you have good taste when you buy shoes. Thanks for the boots. :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm super-excited for the Olympic decision this Friday. I really want the Olympics to come to Chicago, but I can't really talk about that here. It's like rooting for the Yankees at a Red Sox game. Well, maybe not that extreme, but you get the idea.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats to Sima!!! Sima's awesome articles were published in European Vibe, her BU internship. Naturally, I saved a copy of the magazine. Congrats!

3 comments:

  1. Awww, thank you for the shoutout! Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do these both mean? FML. JMV. Get me in the loop, please!!!

    Love ya! How is the internship going? Have you used your new stethoscope yet? What for?

    Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aunt Beth,

    Yes, I´ve used my stethescope. I listed to breathing and hearts. Pretty cool.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete